Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What do you expect from other people?

I just read this passage today:
Here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them! (Luke 6:31 MSG)
Consequently, I would think, what do I actually expect from other people? So I came up with the following list. Of course, there would probably be more but this is what I came up with when I though about it.
  • To not always depend on me.
  • To be trustworthy
  • To be there when I need them
Selfish, eh? But yes, that's it. Now this is the hard part: GRAB the initiative and do it for them! The to be there for when I need them is the toughest. My mind calculates and to think God's word says "Help and give without expecting a return." What happened to the SIMPLE rule of thumb? :)

But you know what? He also said in His word, "You'll never-I promise-regret it."

So let us "Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we're at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind." (Luke 6:35,36 MSG)

Your turn. What do you expect from other people.


No comments:

Post a Comment