Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

I want to see Milo


It's been a really long time since I spent that much time with Milo. One recent Sunday, I spent an afternoon in my parent's house. As soon as Milo heard my voice, my lola said his tail wagged eagerly and he kept on barking, seemingly asking the people around him to let him out his cage. When I finally saw him, he barked even louder and never stopped until I let him out his cage. As soon as he is out, he sat beside me. He licked my hand as I scatch his neck (gross, I know).


For the rest of the afternoon, he was my constant companion. HE NEVER LEFT MY SIDE. He sat beside me as I spoke with my relatives. He sat by my feet as I ate lunch. He followed me where ever I go. He slept near me as I took my afternoon nap. And when it was time for me to go home, my heart broke as I look at his sad face. He was barking non-stop as I leave.

Dogs are amazing creatures. They love their masters unconditionally. Even if I have left him with my in-laws or my parents and have not seen him for a very long time, he still knows my voice. He could even recognize my voice on the phone. And every time I go see him, he treats me as if I've never left him.

I am currently reading the book Cat and Dog Theology by Bob Sjogren and Gerald Robison. And I thought, I want to be excited about my Lord, as Milo is excited about seeing me. I want to have that same desire to not leave His side. I want to follow where ever He goes. I want to recognize Him as He speaks. I want to not question Him when He seems distant. I want to see what He is doing. I want to be part of what he is doing. I want to be right in the center of His will.

Right now, I want to see Milo. More importantly, I want to fall in love with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment